Hey Honda-powered People,
At long last I’m selling my k20a2 block+k20z3 head long block, built by Rich Olivier of TEM Performance Machine Shop in 2017. TEM specializes in race builds. Solid rep. Check them out.
- 9.1:1 ceramic coated pistons
- Supertech dished race valves and springs (jhpusa.com “super combo”)
- Supertech block guard
- Ceramic coated CP pistons
- Pauter rods – I beam design reduces windage. More common to Porsche race builds.
- APR head studs
- Cometic head gasket
- Toda Heavy Duty Timing Chain
- Circuit Hero Timing Chain Guide
- Skunk2 Billet Timing Chain Cover
- OEM oil pan with 4piston baffle (to install)
- OEM crank, sleeves and cams
I ran it with 12-14 pounds of boost for 340 whp with a tune by AJ (IG post on dyno new tab) Performance In-Frame Tuning (opens PIT website new tab). Rich once said the build “will take whatever you throw at it”. But of course we all know running I wanted to run safe with lower boost. But if you know these engines you know what they can do.
I put under 7k miles on this build. I drove SF North Bay Area, peninsula backroads and along the coast some weekends. And ran four track days in group 4 with NASA. Mild, non-competitive fun. Ran like a top. Crazy fun – especially in a car weighing about 2100 pounds.
$3,999. OBO. Half the cost of same as new build.
I’ve looked at the usual market places and forums and I don’t think you’ll find a better turbo-ready build at this price point. If you do, show me.
Email email@example.com to schedule a call.