Here is a list of essential components of this build (not comprehensive):
- Honda k20z3 from 2006 Civic Si (used, 37k mi)
- Innovative Mounts engine mounts, axles, shift linkage adapter
- Garret GT30R turbocharger
- DMC liquid to air intercooler
- Hondata K-Pro ECU
- Lotus wiring harness adapted by Rich Werks (Rich5150) with more adaptations by Enginetiks (Casey)
- Injector Dynamics 1k cc fuel injectors
- BOE Fuel Surge Tank
- Innovative Mounts fuel rail
- 2004 Honda RSX six speed transmission
- Quaife LSD
- Exedy stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel
- Hondata dash adapter
- K-tuned coolant filler neck
Most all else is stock/OEM i.e internals, throttle body, etc.
Custom fabrication by Enginetiks:
- Turbo exhaust manifold
- Ported head
- Exhaust with Borla muffler
- Breather box
- Extensive ECU wiring
- Innumerable details of preparation, planning, removing (i.e. 2zz engine), acquiring, routing, adapting, mounting, fastening, welding, connecting… all done knowingly and deliberately, often fabricated using tools Casey fabricated.
Not listed here are numerous pipes/flanges/hoses/connectors/clamps/fasteners/adapters etc. etc.
Also not otherwise mentioned are the many hours of research and many miles driven by a number of people to get, modify, and deliver parts. To say nothing of the miles driven to and from the project, hotel stays, or ancillary and supporting efforts i.e. moving shop.
My grandfather liked to cite Edison’s axiom that “success is ten percent inspiration, ninety percent perspiration.” I would say my contribution to this project about ten percent, sub-divided in to stubbornness, curiosity, love of a dream, and vision, and of course some cash.
This Honda turbo Elise is not only inspired by Casey it is rolling homage to his skill and patience (especially with me). It wouldn’t be possible without him.
There are things to finish and repair to consider the project finished, yet. Not least is engine tuning. I hope it is finished someday Or do I?